Friday, September 27, 2013

Thoughts from the Week

I'm been going over my reading list to see what I want to read next.  I have no idea.  I also browsed my bookshelf at home to see if there was a book there I wanted to read.  Well, I found four.  Now I am having a hard time deciding.  If anyone is looking to buy me a present, a Barnes and Nobel gift card would be awesome.  :)

I ordered my theater shoes on Wednesday and I am waiting for them to come in.  I can't wait.  I was thinking that I never should have gotten rid of mine about 5 years ago, but then, I wasn't doing shows anymore.  I was spending all my time working.  All of it.  Yesterday on my way home from work, I remember thinking out loud:  "One business day down, 2-4 business days to go."  I am seriously excited.  We start rehearsals on the stage next week and the sooner I can break them in, the better.

I have been trying on working out more.  I managed to get some sort of activity in every day this week except for last night.  That's a pretty big accomplishment for me.  It would be so much better if my ass could get out of bed at 6 am to really make it worth while.  But, it's still a big problem. 

They just don't.

I have this cookbook and I have used it three times before when helping with bake sales.  When I said I would help my grandma this weekend, I went back to the cookbook and found a simple recipe that I was looking forward to.  It was for Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars.  What could be so bad about those?  Well, I'm not sure, but they turned out terrible.  Blech!

My first meeting as the chair person this week went really well.  Things are moving along and the group has some excitement now.  I am still a little nervous, but still super excited.

With the first of October just next week, I plan to get my Halloween decorations out this weekend.  I want to remake my wreath because it currently covers my peephole and I don't like that.  So, of course I have been doing research to gain inspiration.

Tomorrow is Melody's graduation.  Let's see if she passes...


No comments: