Monday, August 26, 2013

Weekend Recap...

This past weekend was the last free weekend for a while.  I noticed that the next two weeks at least are booked. 

Friday:  Fridays really are such a relaxing night after a long week at work.  I really needed it too because this past week was enough to really get on my nerves.  Melody and I spent the evening taking a walk, playing fetch, and chilling on the couch.  Just lovely.

Saturday:  In the morning, I was able to enjoy my coffee and make waffles.  I froze some waffles for later dates too.  Then, Melody and I went to the dog park where she played and got the dirtiest feet I had ever seen on her.  After a good bath, I went to the laundromat and a little over an hour later, all of my laundry was washed, dried, folded, and put away.  My apartment was picked up, I had taken a shower, and even rested a little bit before Mrs. P came over for our girls night.  We spent the whole evening talking, drinking wine, snacking, and watching classic Disney.  It was perfect.  I didn't get to bed until after 2 am, but I had such a great day.

Sunday:  I slept until 10 am and enjoyed my breakfast while flipping through the latest copy of Glamour magazine.  (It was an impulse buy after a particularly annoying day at work last week.)  Afterwards, I spent over three hours at the pool.  My mom joined me and we had a great time getting some sun, enjoying the perfect water temperature, and relaxing.  I didn't do anything for the rest of the night and it was fantastic!  Just what I needed.

What did you do this weekend?

No comments: