Monday, August 5, 2013

Weekend Recap...

How was your weekend?  Mine was so great!  I got to spend time with some family members I don't see very often and just enjoy sitting outside. 

I have a question for you:  If I were to host a link up for Weekend Recap, would you participate?

Friday:  I went to my parents house and enjoyed some yummy Chinese food (leftovers for lunch today!) and chilled.  Friday's are really my chill nights.

Saturday:  My dad had to work, so my mom and I first took Annie to the groomer, then we hit up Michael's (gosh I love that store!) so that I could get my fix.  I ended up getting a grab bag for $2.  You couldn't tell everything that was in it.  I got a good deal though, even if I couldn't use any of the Class of 2013 items that were in it.  I'm thinking about going back for another one.

After shopping, we relaxed for a little while and then went on some visiting rounds.  We visited with my grandpa for a while, who gave us some tomatoes and cucumbers from his garden.  I plan to make some spaghetti sauce with mine.  Mom gets the cucumbers, I think those are gross.  After Grandpa's we traveled to my aunt's farm.  Hers is the typical county farm house.  It's white with lots of flowers, cows, llamas, miniature horses, donkeys, chickens, and dogs.  We had such a great time sitting outside under their huge shade tree talking with my aunt, uncle, and cousin.  The dogs went with us, so they got to enjoy the visit as well.  They saw some animals that they had never seen before.  When we finally left, my aunt sent us home with fresh eggs.  Dad was really happy.

Sunday:  Some chores were done around the house, I finished my laundry, and then we all went out to a late lunch.  My plan was to visit my grandma, but she wasn't home.  I guess I will just try again.  My parents and I took a country drive on the Rhino and I came home late and exhausted.  It was a fun filled weekend. 

What did you do?

No comments: