Friday, August 2, 2013

I'm a Proud Pet Parent

I realize that I haven't blogged in over a week and a half.  That sucks.  I actually have some post ideas.  I just haven't sat down to write, which I should really do. 

However, there is one thing that I must post about.  My sweet little Melody graduated this week!  We had our last beginner's class on Monday and little Melody graduated!  I was so proud.  I am still very proud.  I have her little picture on my computer desktop at work and it makes my heart melt every time I look at it.

Here is what she had to do in order to graduate:

10 sits:  She finished before the others

10 downs:  She was second to finish

1 5-second watch me:  We had to start over once, but she got it on the second try

1 30-second sit/stay:  She mastered this one

1 Leave It:  She rocks at this

1 come when called:  She came instantly, but I had to laugh a little because she got caught in her leash, so she sort of hopped when called.  It was too funny!

She has a certificate that I am going to frame and hang up in the office right above where her crate is.  She looked so cute in her little cap.  We start intermediate training on Monday.

1 comment:

Lin said...

Yay! So damn cute.