Monday, July 22, 2013

Weekend Recap...

This past weekend was a celebration weekend.  Why?  Because my birthday is tomorrow!  I has such a great weekend.

Friday:  Once again, I got the desire to bake late in the evening.  Around 8:30 pm is when I decided to start.  I made Peanut Butter and Nutella Swirl cookies.  Yum! 

Saturday:  Mrs. P took me out for my birthday.  We went to see Monsters University and I loved that movie.  I have always loved Disney and Pixar.  Monsters Inc. is one of my favorites.  I can't wait to add this movie to my collection.


After the movie, we went for dinner at a local jazz restaurant and had some delicious food.  Then, we cruised a little bit around town jamming to fun tunes.  And finally, to round out the night, we headed back to my place where she gave me Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 and we ended up chatting all night.  I made it to bed a little after midnight.  It was a great day.

Sunday:  I woke up early to go visit my parents.  I was supposed to help my dad rebuild my grandma's flower garden, but he managed to get it all done the day before, so instead, we all had homemade cinnamon rolls and coffee while watching the birds.  It had gotten really humid, so I spent the early part of the afternoon inside watching Family Guy and chatting with my parents.  Dad made my favorite summertime meal, barbecue chicken with macaroni and cheese.  Check out the chicken!


It was cherry cheesecake for dessert.  My parents are incredible and for my birthday I received an amazing food processor, two shirts, and season 4 and 5 of Friends.  Yay!  Just before we had dinner, it rained.  It rained for the first time in over 30 days and we have never been so happy to see rain.  It was so pleasant to listen to it in the gutters, to hear it under the cars on the road, and to see the plants dance as the drop hit.  The rain lasted for about an hour and a half and it was a slow and steady rain.  Just what we needed.


I had a terrific weekend and I hope you did too. 

No comments: