Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Weekend Recap...

This past weekend, I wrote out a very long to do list with the hopes of getting it all accomplished.  Being the realist I am sometimes, I knew it wasn't going to all get done, but it felt good to have it wall written out.  I am happy to report that about half of it got done and there were a few great accomplishments.  Instead of breaking down by day this week, I am going to do a review of the whole weekend.

I enjoyed my morning coffee while on my patio before it got too hot to sit out there and while drinking my coffee, I journaled for the first time in about a month.  I have made it a goal to journal every day.  This journal is different from this little blog here.  There are some things in the journal that I don't want on the internet.  I also made waffles for breakfast on both Saturday and Sunday and froze some for later.

The JoAnn's Craft Store in my town relocated earlier this year and I finally made the trip to see the new store.  Wow!  It was amazing!  I spent too much time in there, and I know now that if I need something for my cakes, I am going there.  Also, did I mention it is less than 5 minutes from my apartment?  Score!  The reason I went was to get fabric for my office curtains.  I haven't been able to find anything I like in the curtain selection since I moved in, so I finally decided to make them.  Then, I needed to budget for them.  Well, this past weekend, the curtains were made and the office project is coming along.  If you recall, I mentioned that my office is very uninspiring.  Well, now that I have awesome curtains, I can't help but turn on the light and look at them everything I walk by.  Also, my dad painted a stand that was picked up at a garage sale and I placed that in there.  It used to be a cream color and distressed. Totally not my style.  Dad is awesome with paint and the new shiny black look is very sleek and breaks up the white so well.  Now, I just need to find some cool stuff to up on it.



Melody and I went to the dog park also, but she wasn't playing with anyone and it was starting to get really hot, so we left earlier than usual.  She was around a lot of dogs, all of which were larger than her and she did pretty good, but she wasn't playing.  I guess she just wasn't in the mood.

I made some more frozen treats for Melody, this time containing carrots.  She seems to like those too, so I am definitely going to try different variations of the recipe.  I also made this crock pot spaghetti recipe that has been sitting on my Pinterest board forever and I was so hopeful for it.  It sounded delicious and looked really good.  Sadly, this was a huge disappointment and I ended up throwing the whole thing away.  It hurt to do that, but this meal was actually really gross and I completely deleted the pin.  Too sad.  Bread dough was made, but I haven't had a chance to bake it yet.  Hopefully, I can do that tonight so that I can bring sandwiches to work for lunch.  The final recipe I made this weekend was Oreo Brownies.  I love Oreo brownies and I was excited to make these.  They are a nice little treat at the end of the day.

I finally finished my book that I was reading and I am 3 chapters from finishing this other one I am reading for a program I have signed up for.  Progress!  When I went to start my next book, I realized that I downloaded the wrong one, so I had to get the correct one and I will hopefully start to read it today.  I am so glad that I have gotten back into enjoying reading.  It really is nice.  And of course, the weekend wouldn't be complete without a trip to the pool.  It was so peaceful.  The time I go is early in the day (before noon) and no one is ever there except for maybe two other people.  It's very nice.

How was your weekend?


No comments: