Monday, June 17, 2013

Weekend Recap...

I hope you all had a great weekend!  Mine was really nice.  I spent the weekend at home taking it easy. 

Friday:   I left work a little early and took Melody to the dog park.  We played for about half an hour in the small dog section.  We were the only ones there too.  Then, I decided we should walk the trail a little bit.  I wasn't prepared for the walk and was wearing flip flops.  That wasn't a bad idea until the return trip to the car.  It was a really nice walk though.  When we got home, I poured myself a glass of wine and cleaned my apartment.  I managed to finish all of my laundry too, which made me feel really accomplished.

Saturday:  I got my hair done in the morning.  I always love that little session.  It makes me feel so good.  Since I am still trying to get over a sinus infection, I took a nap when I got back.  Then, I read my book and somehow finished it within 3 days.  Wow!  That evening, Mrs. P and I got together for our girl time with happy hour and dinner.  It was so great to have girl talk.  It's always refreshing.

Sunday:  My parents and I went to the local brewery for Father's Day since it's my Dad's favorite.  It was fun too.  I tried something new, an avocado chicken salad sandwich.  It's wasn't bad, it was good, but very different.  Dad enjoyed his meal and beers.  Afterwards, I went to the pool by myself and spent about two hours there.  It was a little cloudy, but still really nice.  I was the only person there.  I couldn't believe it.  At certain times, the only thing I could hear was the sound of the birds.  The rest of the day was spent relaxing with Melody. 

I'm also trying to come up with some ideas to make my home office more inspiring.  It's quite the project and I haven't gotten very far.  However, I am determined to make it great!

2 comments:

Natalie Blair said...

Hi Meg! We are swap partners!!!! I think we have talked before LOL!!

Can't wait to send you your stuff! I see you are a puppy mama!!!

Lin said...

You got your hair done? Um...I won't believe it til we see a photo ;)

Sinus infections suck, I hope you're feeling better now. Aw, that was a great Fathers Day dinner.