Monday, June 10, 2013

Weekend Recap...

This past weekend started off a little rocky, but got better as the days went on. 

Friday:  I stayed home from work because my allergies are kicking my ass and I have this cough that will not go away and some crap sitting in my chest that prevents me from taking really deep breaths.  I napped for most of the morning and then gave Melody a bath.  It was her birthday, so I gave her her presents, which she loved.  Later in the day, I went to my parents house. 

Saturday:  We had a family reunion picnic in the park to celebrate Father's Day while some out of town relatives were visiting.  It was a good time had by all and I am so blessed to have such great cooks in my family.  I was asked to bring a cake, which was delicious, but I didn't want to bring any home with me.  It took a lot of convincing to get my aunt to take the remaining half home.  It was chocolate on chocolate, which isn't my favorite and would have gone to waste at my place.

Sunday:  I slept in a little and spent a relaxing morning with my parents.  Then, my mom and I ran some errands and stopped by a coworker's house for a sneak peak at her garage sale and walked out with lots of cool stuff.  I got a Tupperware canister set for only $5!  That's pretty cool.  Tupperware is awesome, but I sometimes wish it wasn't so expensive.  When I saw the canisters, I had to snatch them up.  I love Tupperware.  I am so excited about my purchases from the sale.  :)  Dad grilled fantastic burgers for dinner and Melody and I came home.  She immediately passed out for the rest of the night while I prepped for the next day, put everything away and spent the evening watching Home Improvement on the couch.

I still don't feel all that well today, but I am going to try and get through the day.  I've got some things to do, so I am going to try and focus on them.

How was your weekend?

No comments: