Tuesday, June 4, 2013

One Year Later

I moved into my humble apartment 1 year ago this past weekend.  I can't believe it.  I am proud of myself that I was able to do it as well as support myself, even if my budget is thistight. The space has made a lot of progress. 

The living room was officially finished last week when I got my second end table.  It's all symmetrical now and I love it.  It took seven whole months for me to find lamps that I really liked.  The best part about them is that they are a 3-way lamp.  Yay energy savings!


The fantastic plant stand was found in a thrift shop a few months ago.  Thanks Mom for seeing it.  It was only $12 and holds my plant and photos nicely.  I love that thing.  I took the plastic sheet from a poster frame and cut it to fit the shelves so that things would sit evenly and nicely on it.  Wonderful!

 
The bathroom was the first room to be finished.  I am happy I invested in the toilet space saver.  It really clears up space under my sink and provides lots of storage.  The photos were found at Target and were a Christmas gift.  They match my theme/color scheme perfectly. 

 
Mrs. P gave me the tree Scentsy for Christmas as well.  I love the way it looks.  The ceramic owl was found at the flea market 4 hours from my home, once again, by Mom.  Thanks!  It's in almost perfect condition and I absolutely love it.


The bedroom received updated bedding, so now I need to replace the curtains.  I made also need to recover the seat on my vanity chair.  I am coveting a bedroom set from Ashley  Furniture, but it's $1500 for the set, so I really need to save.  I'm not 100% satisfied with the bedroom, but it's made progress.

The office will be my next big project, I think.  I like the new arrangement, but its very uninspiring.  More on this later.  My old entertainment center (seen in the move-in photos) had been sitting in this space by the door since February.  It was finally sold this past weekend at the sale.  Yay!  The best thing about the office was the installation of Internet service four months after I moved in. 



The kitchen and dining room have been updated a little as well, but are still a work in progress.  I finally found the best piece of artwork for my dining room, but I need to figure out how to get it printed and framed.

I am really proud of my space because it is a reflection of me.  I will still continue to improve, but after a year, it's a whole lot more comfortable.

No comments: