Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Weekend Recap...

In one weekend, I went out to lunch twice.  Pretty nice.

Friday:  Such a quiet evening for the most part.  I prepared for a new recipe and ended up using my stone dutch oven for the first time ever!  I had about half a loaf a bread that had gotten a little hard when I left for the girls weekend and instead of throwing it away, I decided I would use it to make French Toast Casserole from Taste of Home.  I prepped it Friday night so that it could sit overnight.  I cooked it on Saturday morning and it was good, but I don't like the cinnamon on it.


Saturday:  Mrs. P and I met up for lunch and then hit the downtown shops.   We went to a cute little used bookstore where I found a book on my reading list for a really good price.  Although, I was getting worried that the cashier wasn't going to look up at all during our transaction.  We also went to some thrift/vintage shops to find some hidden treasures.  I found a cute shirt and a dress.  We also saw an original Oscar de la Renta piece from the 1960s.  It was pretty cool, but very fancy.

When Mrs. P went to her hair appointment, I went to our local Goodwill store and found a cute linen outfit and a pair of shoes.  The shoes fit well, but the outfit (still with tags!) didn't fit at all.  Sad.  After being out in the sun all day and the temperature reaching 87 degrees inside my apartment, I broke down and turned the air on that evening.  I was sitting with a fan blowing on me and not moving and I was sweating.  I couldn't stand it.  I think that even Melody appreciated that.

Sunday:  I met my grandma for lunch and we then went shopping for my mom's birthday present.  It took us a while to find what we were looking for, but I think we did well.  Grandma got herself a new Cardinals shirt to wear to the game this summer and you should have seen how excited she got.  It was like a kid at their birthday.  I went into a candy store looking for something that I love (cinnamon gummy bears) and I had to ask the clerk if they still had them because I couldn't find them anywhere.  They did!  It turns out that they were sort of hidden in a place I wouldn't think to look.  I was so excited!

After shopping, it was time for laundry.  It only took just under an hour this time, which was nice.  While waiting, I started a new book.  I hope to have it finished by this weekend.  We'll see if that happens.

How was your weekend.

No comments: