Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Sun Tea

Have you ever had sun tea?  If you haven't you are missing out.  I love iced tea.  It's one of my favorites.  This version though is something special.  Why?  There is just something about the way it is brewed and that it can only be brewed when the weather is warm.  I made me some sun tea last week for the first time in a very long time and I ended up having to ration and force myself not to drink it all in one night.


Here's how I make my sun tea:

What you will need: 

1.  a fun glass pitcher (it must be glass)--I got mine for $9 from Walmart
2.  tea bags according to your tastes--I like my tea like I like my men, strong, so I used 8 bags
3.  water
4.  a hot day and a spot that gets plenty of sunshine

Process:

Fill your pitcher with water.  Place the tea bags so that the strings hang over the side and put the lid securely on making sure it secures the tea bags.  Place your pitcher outside in a spot that will get plenty of sunshine throughout the day.  The longer you leave it, the better it will be, so go to work.

When you come back, remove the tea bags and place the pitcher in the fridge.  Then, get yourself a nice glass with some ice, fill it with the delicious sun tea, find a comfy spot to sit and enjoy.


No comments: