Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Frozen Dog Treats

I found this recipe sometime last year, but never got around to trying it.  I finally got everything together to make these when the temperature started warming up a couple of weeks ago.  Even though the recipe calls for 32 oz. of yogurt, I didn't realize just how much batter I would have.


I ended up with 34 treats.  I would have more if I did smaller portions.  The ice cube trays had completely overtaken my freezer.  They didn't take long to make at all.  In fact, the longest part of the process was mashing the banana.  With only 4 ingredients, I felt good giving these to my Melody.


At first, she didn't know what to think, but she got over that fast.  It took her less than 3 minutes to eat one and then an additional 10 minutes searching the floor for more.  Now, every time I open my freezer, she sits and waits for another treat. 

I can't wait to try different variations of this treat to see if Melody likes them.  She likes these a lot, so I wonder if she will like ones with fruit or vegetables in the mix.

 
If you've got a dog at home, I would recommend these.  They are so easy to make and don't take long to freeze.  They are also like ice cream for pets. 

No comments: