Friday, March 15, 2013

The Movie Project

My movie project has been sitting on my to-do list since I moved into my apartment.  That was 9 months ago.  I wanted to take all of the movies out of the my cabinet, and put them into sleeves, and store them in a trunk.  My cabinet was so full, I couldn't fit another movie in it.  I also couldn't see everything I had without moving a bunch first. 

So, to start things out, I bought 100 of these sleeves.  That's enough to fit 200 discs.  Then, I took every movie out and sorted according to the alphabet.  You will see that there are a lot of 'Ts' because of the titles starting with "The".  I always say "The Lord of the Rings" or "The Princess Diaries", etc.  Weird, I know. 


I piled them all onto my tiny coffee table and got to work.  By the way, I have over 200 movies. (This does not include my TV series's I have on DVD)  Many of which, have multiple discs.  I didn't think there were that many until I started filling the sleeves.  I was able to double up on some of the movies in order to make room for all I could.  After two hours of work, I had made it to the 'Ms'.  Then, I realized that I forgot half of the 'Hs' and had to go back.


It took over 5 hours to sort, stuff, transfer, and clean up, but the end result if so great!  I am in love with it.  I didn't get a trunk right now, because all of my movies fit into the drawer at the bottom of my TV stand.  With room to spare, I might add!  Check it out!  I might add, I ended up with one empty sleeve to spare. 


I ended up with 2.5 trash bags full of old cases that were actually heavy when I carried them to the dumpster.  But, I now have the space to add another end table so that I can put out my other lamp, and I have an empty cabinet that has already been given a new task.  It's been moved to the dining room and houses my tablecloths, candles, and candle holders. 

Yay!

1 comment:

Lin said...

This is such a great idea! And hot damn girl, you have a ton of movies.