Sunday, March 10, 2013

Book Review: Just Like Me, Only Better


Name of Book:  Just Like Me, Only Better
 
Author:  Carol Shaw


Summary:  Ever since Veronica's husband found the love of his life-not her-she's been a walking zombie with runny mascara. It doesn't help that she keeps getting mistaken for Haley Rush-the Hollywood starlet whose dazzling life is plastered on every magazine.

When Haley's manager offers Veronica a job as a celebrity double, it only takes a moment before she says yes. Veronica gets to drive Haley's car, wear her phenomenal clothes-and have fun with her hot celebrity boyfriend, Brady Ellis. Too bad the job's only part-time, and at the end of the day she has to return to her life as a cash-strapped substitute teacher and cub scout mom.

But when real sparks fly with Brady, is it a fantasy come true or a disaster in disguise?

What I Liked:  The idea for the story is great. Who hasn’t wanted to trade places with someone famous before?  Someone “normal’ gets to experience all kinds of luxuries that they could only dream about before.  Not to mention all of the interesting people they get to meet.

What I Didn’t Like:   I had a feeling from the beginning that the main character was going to end up being a little irresponsible and I wasn’t wrong.  There came a time when I lost some respect for her.  Given her situation, couldn’t she had been more responsible?  So disappointing. 

Overall Thoughts:  I enjoyed the book while a read it, but like I mentioned, I lost some respect for the main character and wasn’t really rooting for her for a while.  By the end though, I felt better. 

Final Rating:  Green Star


 
Recommended?  Kind of, if you would like something fun, but don’t expect a whole lot.

No comments: