Sunday, March 3, 2013

Book Review: Gone With the Wind


Name of Book:  Gone with the Wind

Author:  Margaret Mitchell
 
 

Summary:  From BN.com:  A monumental classic considered by many to be not only the greatest love story ever written, but also the greatest Civil War saga.

A monumental classic considered by many to be not only the greatest love story ever written, but also the greatest Civil War saga.

What I Liked:  This is one amazing classic novel.  Having a story set in the Old South is a fantastic setting for an unlikely love story.  It is also very descriptive and so interesting to imagine life during the civil war. 

What I Didn’t Like:  There are quite a few times when the book drags…a lot.  I sometimes wanted to yell, “Get on with it!”  I’m also sad that I had to borrow this book.  I have to buy my own copy now. 

Overall Thoughts:  I believe that this is a book that should be read.  Stick with it and finish, at over 1000 pages, it’s quite the undertaking, but it is so worth it.  This book contains two fantastic quotes:  “Frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn” and “Tomorrow is another day”.

Final Rating:  Silver Star


 
Recommended?  Yes!

1 comment:

Lin said...

I couldnt agree with you more. The last time I read this book I was in HS and even though I remember liking it, I also remember it being super slow. The movie's probably my favorite though.