Thursday, February 7, 2013

Writer's Block

It happens to the best of us.  Even though I blog about a lot of useless crap most of the time (hey, I can, it's my journal), there comes a time when all creativity leaves my brain.  So, you end up with a post a lot like this one.  Something that is dull, random, and completely useless.

My weekend plans are filled with organizing tasks, MK stuff, and a fabulous hair appointment.  I can't wait to get my hair done.  It's been needing a touch up since about November.  That's sad.  It such a great experience that I love to splurge on.  In fact, it's really the only thing I splurge on.

I've been reading Pride and Prejudice and I am very pleased with it so far (I'm about half way).  I was really intimidated by this one.  I'm not sure why.  I've always wondered why everyone loved Mr. Darcy.  I'm starting to see why now.  Also, it doesn't hurt that he was portrayed by Colin Firth in a mini series.  There's just something about that man that I find incredibly sexy.

Do you guys remember those creative writing classes where you started with a sentence and then you were to continue writing whatever came to mind?  That's kind of how this post started.  It's amazing where your mind can lead with just a small prompt.  I start off talking about my weekend plans and then suddenly, I'm mentioning that I find Colin Firth sexy.  Huh, that's funny.

I guess I should just stop rambling and really come up with something of substance.  Hey, maybe I can work on those book reviews?

No comments: