Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Winter Storm Warning

For the past couple of days, the news has been warning us about a winter storm that is supposed to come across our state tomorrow.  They are calling for 4-9 inches of snow mixed with sleet and ice.  Now, I am the first to agree that winter weather can be dangerous, but I am not getting all hyped up over this.  I know that the weather in Missouri can change overnight and it often does. 

Others however, have a completely different idea.  There are schools that have already closed for tomorrow, the stores are packed with people trying to stock up on supplies, homes and businesses have snow plows ready, and everyone is rushing to get gas in their car.

I have always been the type of person that says:  "I'll believe it when I see it."  I am not going to worry about the weather until it actually arrives.  I did get some DeIcer and put my windshield cover on, but I am not going to panic like everyone else.  It's almost humorous.  These people are panicking and they have lived in here for many, many years.  Don't they know that something like this can happen?  Don't they know how to prepare and do it in advance?  Apparently, they have very short term memories.

I guess we will see was tomorrow brings.  Who else is preparing for a big winter storm?

No comments: