Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Champagne Thursday


Thursday was an "Office Space" kind of day.  You know, when things start to go wrong and before you know it, your fighting with a printer.  I try not to blog about work, but I had to share this.


An editing error wasted an entire ream of paper, procrastination on one person's part made for rushing on another's part, the printer "jammed" 4 times in less than a minute (see picture above), some copies supposedly went "missing" (they never existed), my wired mouse stopped working and my wireless mouse, even after many adjustments, kept spazzing out, and by the end of the day, my desk looked something like Milton's.  



I have to first say, Office Space is one of my favorite movies. 



After yesterday's string of incidences, I laughed it off and decided to make it a Champagne Thursday.  The silliness didn't end at the office apparently.  I had decided to make spaghetti for dinner and had thawed out what my dad gave me as ground deer meat.  Turns out, it was deer tenderloin.  So, I had to wait for the hamburger to thaw before I could make my sauce.  Then, I couldn't get the champagne bottle open at all.  It took about 5 whole minutes for me to get the cork out of the bottle.


.
Once I got my champagne in a glass and fixed myself a plate, I put in my copy of Office Space and enjoyed the rest of the evening.  The evening ended on a good note. 


1 comment:

Lin said...

Haha, what a freakin' day.

Glad it ended well though. Great food & Office Space...yes, please.