Thursday, December 20, 2012

Winner Winner!

On Tuesday, I went to Holiday Party #5.  This one was a chili cook off and white elephant gift exchange with people that my mom works with.  I got invited because I spend a lot of time with them too.  It was a lot of fun.

I entered the chili contest and made my chili the night before.  It smelled and tasted so yummy!  Thanks, Dad, for the recipe.  I prefer to eat my chili with a saltine cracker, so I tend to make it a little chunkier than normal.  I was also up against 3 men.  Here is the breakdown:

The Categories:

The Chunkiest
The Hottest
The Sweetest
The Best Overall Flavor

As you can tell from the title of this post, I won something.  I won for chunkiest chili---yay!  Judging by how much was left over, I think it was a close call for the best overall flavor too.  The Texas special won for best flavor, but everyone took a lot of chili home.  I didn't.

My recipe usually lasts for a minimum of 4 days, serving 3 people on each of those days.  So, if you do the math, that is about 12 heaping servings.  There were at least 18 people in attendance and 4 different chillies to choose from and this is what I came home with:



It is important to point out that this is not enough for a full bowl.  It is just barely covering the bottom of my crock pot. The last time I was in a chili cook off, I won against 2 other men.  I am pretty proud of my chili recipe.

My white elephant gift was a stuffed baby bigfoot, complete with adoption certificate.  Melody got that.  :)

No comments: