Monday, December 17, 2012

Weekend Recap...

This was a great weekend.  I hope you guys have enjoyed these past weekends of the holiday season.  It's been non-stop for me, but I have enjoyed it all.

Friday:  I did something I haven't done in a long time, but I am not ready to go into details.  It was a lot of fun though.

Saturday:  I went to my parents for a little bit and my mom and I finished up our last minute shopping.  I feel good knowing that everything is bought or on its way and that all I have to do now is wrap.  Yay!  Saturday afternoon, I went to my grandma's to work on the puzzle.  I am sorry to say that I don't have a complete picture for you guys.  After over 7 hours of work between the two of us, we are not halfway through yet.  There are 1000 pieces and some of them are less than an inch big!  We did make some progress though.  It's coming along and we have come to terms that it could still be there at New Year's.

Sunday:  Holiday Party #4!  This one was with extended family and it is always a good time.  I love that I come from a family of great cooks.  We enjoyed each other's company and conversation along with some delicious food.  Yum!  Since this was the first year that I was on my own, I was asked to bring something.  Pickles and olives, even though I don't eat either one of them, I brought them.  I know how to cook and I might make something next year if they ask me.

Sunday evening, I FINALLY got to bake my cookies.  I remembered to get wax paper and get plenty of butter so that I could get them done.  I made three different kinds and got them all baked, cooled, and packaged within 3.5 hours.  Not too bad.  While I was baking, I managed to finish at least three weeks worth of ironing too.  It was a really productive evening.  I went to bed very sleepy.

Holiday Party #5 is tomorrow and I am considering entering the cook off.  How was your weekend?

No comments: