Monday, December 3, 2012

Weekend Recap...

This weekend was the last full weekend I have with no plans for the rest of the year.  Although I didn't make any plans except for a movie, I did end up having a really good weekend.

Friday:  After work, I did something that really took me out of my comfort zone.  Like, completely out.  I won't go into the details right now, but I will tell you that I am glad I did.

Saturday:  I tried to sleep in, but I tossed and turned all night, so I didn't get to sleep in like I wanted too.  After coffee, I took myself to see the Breaking Dawn movie.  I thought it was really good.  After the movie, I didn't really do a whole lot.  I basically relaxed all day.   I did break out the crock pot and tried another new recipe.  Slow Cooked Corn Chowder from my Taste of Home Cookbook.  It was another really good recipe. I ended up falling asleep on the couch at before 9:30 pm.  So, I went to bed early and slept really well.


Sunday:  I was woken up by a phone call from my dad.  The weather was spectacular on Sunday, so we went for a 20 mile bike ride.  It was a really nice day for a really nice ride.  Afterwards, we got lunch, then took Melody to the dog park.  She didn't play like she did the last time, but I think she will get better.  I want her to get used to other dogs.

After the park, it was later in the day, so I wrapped a swap package and watched a couple of movies.  I started by watching the Santa Clause and then watching Sleepless in Seattle.  I think that has got to be one of the best movies ever made.  I love that movie.  It's one of those "feel good" movies.

Well, that was my weekend.  It was full of fun stuff and lots of relaxation.  How was your weekend?

1 comment:

Lin said...

Sounds like my kind of weekend. Especially that slow cooked Corn Chowder, yum!

You know, I dont think I've ever been a bike ride that lasted more than 20 minutes, much less a 20 mile one. Go you.