Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Recap...

Uhh....too late for a weekend recap?  How about a full week recap?  What can I say, I've been busy.  And sick.

It all started last Friday.  I woke up feeling rough.  It was also the day of Holiday Party #1.  The one at work that I was in charge of.  I am happy to report that the party was a blast and everyone had a good time.  Holiday Bingo was a hit and we got a lot of compliments.  Yay!  After we got back to the office, I only last about an hour and a half.  I left work early and picked up provisions on the way home including:  tea, honey, lemon, cough drops, medicine, and tissues.  That is how I spent my Friday night.  Woo. Hoo.

On Saturday, I slept in a little but still felt bad.  I packed up my laundry and such and went to my parents.  It's nice to be able to take my laundry there when I need to.  No need for quarters, thanks Mom!  Saturday night was Holiday Party #2 with my grandma.  I went to this party with her last year and had a good time.  This year was a good time also.  They had a photo booth set up with costume items where you could dress up Charles Dickens style.  Since we arrived really early (the first ones!) we were the test subjects and ended up with two photos.  Pretty cool, huh?  We got home around 10 pm and I went straight to bed.



Sunday was Holiday Party #3 at my grandma's house for her mom's side of the family.  Usually, this party isn't exactly thrilling, but it was another good time.  I got to talk with some great people and enjoyed some good food.  After everyone left, I stayed and my grandma and I started working on a puzzle.  This puzzle is 1000 pieces and it will take a while.  I am planning on going back up there this Saturday to work on it some more.

Since I tried to do too much this weekend, I had to call in sick on Monday.  I slept until 11 am, then got up, had lunch, then proceeded to nap on and off until about 3 pm.  I forced myself to stay awake so that I could sleep better that night.  I managed to watch about 2.5 seasons on Home Improvement that day.  I have only called in sick to work once before, so I still felt a little guilty.  I knew there was work to be done, but I just wasn't feeling well.

Tuesday morning, I woke up with a cough, but I started on the mend.  I had a really productive day at work and in the evening, I wrapped a baby gift and made a cake for a surprise baby shower we are having today.  I was working on the cake and was happy when I realized that I was going to be finished sooner than expected when I was all finished.  Then, it all went downhill.  The cake started to fall apart and the icing wouldn't spread.  After trying to make it work, I had to go back to the store for more supplies and start all over.  It's a good thing I live less than 5 minutes from a grocery store.  I think I was there and back within 10 minutes.  I got everything going again and I think the cake turned out really cute.  What do you think?



While I was at the store yesterday (the first time), I got the ingredients for my cookie recipes that I plan to make for the people I work with.  I woke up this morning and one of the first things I thought was that I forgot the oatmeal for the oatmeal raisin cookies.  Does anyone else have random thoughts like that in the morning?

I'm sorry that I have been pretty quiet around the blog, but I promise it is not on purpose.  I have just been really busy and haven't been able to check in.  Stick around, because Holiday Party #4 is this weekend and maybe I can show you that puzzle my grandma and I are working on.

1 comment:

Lin said...

Glad you're feeling a little better now. That picture of you & your grandma is super cute, love your hair. Seriously so jealous of it's volume.

You're getting pro at cake decorating. I thought that was a store bought cake haha.