Friday, December 21, 2012

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

It snowed here yesterday.  I didn't take any pictures though.  I spent 30 minutes defrosting my car after work.  I didn't have my ice scraper with me then.  It's in my car now though.  I broke out the snow boots too because I take the short cut through the grass to get from my car to my apartment.

I have gotten all of my shopping done and all of the gifts are wrapped.  Look, isn't my tree looking pretty with the present underneath?  I am so excited. 


Last night though, I had to load 90% of those gifts into  my car so that I have them for the holiday celebration at my grandma's and my parents.  It's pretty bare now.  That's alright, I guess.  Tonight is the tractor parade in my hometown.  Farmers decorate their tractors with Christmas lights and there is so much festive spirit in town.  There are over 50 entries this year and I am getting excited.  I hope to try and get out of work a little early today so that I can finish loading my car and get there in time.

It's also getting closer to vacation time.  My original plan was to take Monday off, but alas, I have to help with a project, so I will be working half of the day.  That's alright I guess since I got permission to wear jeans and a sweatshirt.  By the way, that was a funny conversation.

I am really looking forward to my little vacation.  After Monday, I won't be back at work until January 2, 2013!  I have plans too for my vacation, although, I have no schedule.  I know what I want/need to get done, and I will do it when I feel like it. 

Also, I finished reading the Autobiography of Santa Claus yesterday and I cannot wait to review it.  That book was amazing!


1 comment:

Lin said...

Your tree is so pretty, love the ribbon around it. We had to haul our Christmas gifts across the state, it was such a pain in the ass.

Dude, I'm so jealous that you wont be back to work until January. Stupid job wont even give us NYE off, just NY. Blah. Enjoy your time off!