Monday, November 26, 2012

Weekend Recap...

My weekend started on Wednesday.  It's so nice to have 2 (paid!) days off work without having to take vacation time.

Wednesday:  I helped my dad cook the turkey in the fryer (yum!), but first, I had to clean it.  Gross.  After turkey was all done, my parents, the dogs, and I sat around the warm fire pit for a while, until it was time for dinner.

Thursday:  It never fails, every year, my mom and I get interrupted too many times to enjoy the parade (that's why we eat late!), so thank goodness for the DVR.  We had a wonderful dinner with my grandma, uncle, and cousin.  A friend of mine came later and we had a great time playing Five Second Rule.  If you have not played this game, go get it.  It is so much fun!  PS-I won!

I also got talked into going to Wal-Mart at 8 pm on Thursday.  It was pay back for the show in Branson.  It was not all that fun!  I don't mind crowds, but I don't like the fact that they had aisles blocked off with palettes of stuff so that you couldn't go around them.  I did manage to get Gone with the Wine on DVD for $2.

Friday:  Mom and I went shopping, but we left later in the morning.  Neither of us were looking for anything specific and we don't get up for the doorbuster deals.  It was still a good day shopping though.  I got decorations for my Christmas tree, but I still need a skirt and stockings.

Saturday:  My grandma and I have started shopping together so that I can help her with gifts for my parents.  So, I went shopping again.  Grandma is a marathon shopper, which is fun because she doesn't get irritated with the crowds.  She also buys lunch!  I crossed two more people off my shopping list too.

Saturday evening, I helped my mom put up her decorations.  The tree this year looks so beautiful! 

Sunday:  My dad and I went to the National Churchill Museum.  It wasn't what we were expecting.  We both thought it was more of a war museum with a lot of artifacts.  It was definitely a Churchill museum with stories of his life.  There was also way too much reading.  Although, the museum was nice, but not great.  Dad also helped me bring all of my stuff into my apartment.  Once again, I came home with more stuff than what I left with.  Having Dad's help saved me about three trips up the stairs.

That afternoon, we all put up the outside decorations at my parents' house.  Then, I came home and put up my own decorations.  It's so great to see my very first official Christmas tree look so pretty!  The tree I bought in June for $15 looks so great.  Once I get a skirt, I will post pictures.

It was a very long weekend, but so enjoyable.  Now, it's back to the daily grind and finishing up my shopping.  There are projects to complete but I am looking forward to them.

No comments: