Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Weekend Recap...

It's amazing how fast time can go when you are busy.  This past week, I only worked three days and then was off for two.  That was great.  The three days I did work, I was busy with a conference, so I wasn't in the office much.

This past weekend, my parents and I took a family vacation and went back to Branson.  I love going there because there is so much to do.  There are so many shows, restaurants, shopping, and sights.  This time, we ventured about 5 minutes south and went to the Ralph Foster Museum at the College of the Ozarks.  This place was so cool!  It was three stories and we took in every inch of it.  I highly recommend visiting this museum.  It is definitely worth the $8.  Seriously, go there.

We also took in a show at a new theater (well, new to us).  It was the Joseph show at the Sight and Sound Theater.  This theater was so pretty, not to mention, massive!  In high school, I was in a production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (Mrs. Potiphar) and I though that this was the same show.  It wasn't.  It was a great show about the story of Joseph.  I was impressed with the sets, designs, acting, signing, and the overall production.  I was not impressed, however, with the seats.  They were so narrow and cramped, even I, who am only 5'2" was really uncomfortable.  Also, the show, although fabulous, was way too long.  It lasted two hours and 45 minutes.  An hour and half to two hours would have sufficed. 


We took in some shopping as well.  I was able to make some progress on my Christmas list.  It feels good to know that I am getting through the list.  We visited an outlet mall, Tanger Outlets, that we hadn't been to before and that was fun.  There were stores there that I hadn't been to.  Some of the outlets were outlet prices, others were not.  That's not uncommon though.

On the way home, we took the scenic route to visit a micro brewery that is in the middle of nowhere.  It is also only open on Saturdays from 2-7 pm.  It's called the Piney River Brewing Co. and has only been opened for less than two years.  It's beer is already in special stores across the state and is moving into Arkansas as well.  I was impressed with the beer.  Even my mom, who doesn't like micro brews, enjoyed a couple of their beers.  Did I mention that it is a remodeled barn?

 
 

To past the time away while waiting for the place to open, we went to a flea market in Houston, MO.  I have really grown to like visiting flea markets.  It's funny because no less than 5 years ago, I would have been bored!  Mom found a great piece that I ended up taking home with me for $5.  It's in my bathroom and I will have to show you this.  I may have overlooked this because it was on the top shelf, but Mom found it.  Thanks Mom!

Saturday was interesting because it only takes 4 hours to get to Branson from our house, but on the way home, it took us 9.5 hours.  That includes picking up the dogs as well.  But, it was all worth it. 

No comments: