Monday, November 12, 2012

Weekend Recap...

Hello!  It was another busy but great weekend here.  This was the first full weekend I have spent in my apartment since July 12th!  Can you believe that?

I started working on my list of projects.  I went through my mail and paperwork that has collected for the past couple of weeks.  I got it all sorted and ready for filing.  I also had printed new labels for my files to cover up my awful hand writing and got all of my paperwork filed away.

Then, I went through my closet and dresser and pulled out some clothes that I haven't worn much in the last year and got them packed up and ready to take to storage at my parent's house until the annual garage sale.  This made space in my closet and I have already started to think of ideas for organizing that space.

I also finished the office closet organization project and am so happy with how it turned out.  I am going to dedicate a post to this project.  The closet looks so great!

I found time to make myself a fall wreath for my apartment and it looks so cute!  I would post a picture today, but I haven't taken one yet.  Oops...

I took Melody to the dog park for the first time.  It was a good experience.  I let her run and play with some other dogs and she had fun.  Then, she decided to say hello to a Great Dane and initiated play.  Of course, the big dog wanted to play to and when she started to play, poor Melody got scared and a little bit tumbled.  Luckily, no one was hurt and me and the other dog's owner went our separate ways for a while.  Once Melody recovered from her scare, she was back out there playing again.

While doing my laundry on Saturday, I learned which washers have energy saving settings on them (less time washing!) and which dryers take f.o.r.e.v.e.r to dry clothing.  I had a very small load of lights and it took over 45 minutes to dry them.  That is way too long.  Usually, I can get all of my laundry washed, dried and folded in an hour, but this time, it took over an hour and a half.  Not going to use those machines again.

I managed to fit in a little Christmas shopping as well.  I still have only marked one person off my list, but I have started on others and will finish in time, I guess.  I need a good idea for my 19 year old cousin that isn't expensive sneakers.  That's all he mentioned he wanted besides a movie and I need something to go with that.

Somehow, I managed to read through 4 magazines this weekend too.  That's a pretty big accomplishment in itself.  A quick trip to the grocery store finished up my weekend, but on Sunday evening, I attended the opening ceremonies for a conference that part of my department is sponsoring.  It's a cultural conference and I am always looking for ways to culture myself a little bit.  I went to a museum on campus that I haven't been in since I was in 6th grade and took in the exhibits too.  I will be attending parts of the conference this week as well and I have to somehow manage to get myself up and to work by 6 am tomorrow morning for a breakfast.  This will be a challenge.

That huge cold front that moved through the country yesterday really cooled things down around here and I had to pull out the winter coat today.  Left over water from the rain in Melody's potty patch froze over night too.  The frosty patch was a new experience for her this morning. 

That pretty much sums up the weekend and this week will be busy too.  I was looking through the calendar and learned that I am booked every weekend until Christmas except for one.  I might have one weekend free.  That's okay because this kind of busy-ness if a fun kind of busy and not a work kind of busy. 

How was your weekend?

No comments: