Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Weekend Recap...

Another busy, but fun weekend.

Friday:  My grandma hosted a dinner at her house to celebrate my dad's and my uncle's birthday.  We had delicious taco salads with chocolate cake (Dad's favorite) and chocolate and peanut butter cookies.  The cookies were another new recipe and were so yummy!  I made them for my uncle and was kind of sad that I didn't save any for myself.  That night, my mom and I watched one of my favorite Halloween movies, Hocus Pocus.  I love that movie, no matter how old I am.  Bette Midler has always been one of my favorite performers.

Saturday:  My mom and I got an early start and headed out to our annual craft fair.  I really can't remember how long we have been going to this, over 10 years for sure.  This year was just okay.  There weren't as many vendors as usual, and it was a lot of knitted crafts.  I am more into the wreaths, decorations, etc.  I did get a gift for my grandma, a really cute owl towel for my kitchen during fall, and an adorable gingerbread man centerpiece to go along with my other Christmas decorations. The rest of Saturday was relaxing, although, I did have to laundry.

Sunday:  I left my parent's house early because I did have things to take care of at my place.  I cleaned the apartment, unloaded all of my stuff, and then picked up tables for my living room!  Yippee!  It feels good to have actual tables in there now and I think that they really pull the room together.  My plan is to get a new lamp this week.  I really like how to coffee table is actually two tables that can pull apart and be used as needed.   What do you think?

That's Melody's favorite chew toy on the floor.

After fixing up my living room, I made homemade chicken noodle soup for the first time ever.  I didn't use a recipe and created one of my own.  After all of the ingredients were together, I put it all in my crock pot for a couple of hours.  Then, I made biscuits for the first time as well.  I cheated a little bit and used a biscuit mix, but these were not from a can or frozen. 


Did I mention that dinner was delicious?  It was.  I was proud of my recipe and skills.  I froze half of the soup last night so that it is available at a later date when I don't feel like or don't have time to cook.  The rest will be dinner this week.  I also have a sort of big evening tomorrow and will have a night of preparation tonight.  More on that later.


How was your weekend?

1 comment:

Lin said...

Look at your living room, so pretty! The tables really pull it all together nicely.