Monday, October 15, 2012

Weekend Recap...

Fall equals busy weekends.

Friday:  I was part of a big event during the day, and by the time I got home, I was exhausted.  I ended up taking a hot bath and relaxed the rest of the night.

Saturday:  The morning was spent at another Tiger Tailgate complete with brunch food.  Yum!  A big storm came through, so we packed up a little earlier than usual.  After the tailgate, I went shopping with Mrs. P and her sister.  We were supposed to find something for this weekend, but I couldn't find anything I really liked except a skirt.  I was looking for a nice top to wear.  Mrs. P made out nicely though after over 5 hours of shopping.

Sunday:  Melody got to play with Annie while my mom and I went to a local festival that we have been wanting to go to for years.  It was a decent festival, but the drive home was awful.  The road was so curvy and hilly, we both got headaches and we weren't driving fast at all.  I did get some apple butter, some treats for Melody and Annie, and a really cute little owl. 

After the craft festival, we went to one of my favorite stores and I found two nice shirts and a comfy sweater.  It made me happy to find something.  Here recently, the clothes for people my size aren't all that attractive.  If I do manage to find something I like, it's way too expensive.

I learned on Sunday that the crowd at the laundry mat on at 5 pm on Sundays are all men.  It was kind of funny to see 4 guys there doing their laundry and I being the only girl.  Two of them were particular about their shirts.  The others weren't.  I couldn't help but laugh.  I also started reading Frankenstein, which I am excited about. 

How was your weekend?

No comments: