Thursday, October 11, 2012

Ms. Attitude's Chicken Noodle Soup

In case you want to try awesomeness, here is the "recipe" I created.  I tried to give units of measurements, but it was all basically by sight.


10 cups of chicken broth (I used bouillon cubes)
16 oz bag of frozen carrots and peas
16 oz diced celery
1 lb chicken breast
10 oz wide egg noodles
Rosemary TT (to taste)
Ground Sage TT
Pepper


Directions:
Cook chicken breast in skillet until cooked through.  While chicken is cooking, prepare broth (if using bouillon cubes).  Dice celery.  Dice chicken breast.

In crock pot (mine is a 3 quart pot), combine vegetables, chicken, and noodles.  Add broth.  Stir well.  Add rosemary and ground sage to taste.  Stir some more.  Add pepper.  Since I don't like added pepper to my food, I waited until the last 10 minutes to add it. 

Cook on high heat fro 2.5 hours, or until you are too hungry to wait any longer.  When the soup has about 15 minutes left, make biscuits.  I used Bisquick.


Enjoy!

No comments: