Monday, September 17, 2012

Weekend Recap...

This past weekend was another busy one, but it was a lot of fun.

Friday:  We had a surprise reception for my boss in the afternoon at work, so my workday was pretty easy.   I made oatmeal raisin cookies for the first time and they were delicious!  There weren't any left over, but I will be making them again for the cookie social we have this week.  I spent the evening doing my laundry and watching HGTV with Mom. 

Saturday:  Tiger tailgate!  I took Melody to the tailgate and I was so proud of her.  She was so good!  There were guys playing horseshoes and she would sit up and watch them for an hour.  Then, there were kids with Tonka trucks and she would watch them too.  She sat calmly around the people and looked so cute in her Tiger t-shirt.

Saturday evening was the much anticipated Girls Night.  Mrs. P came over and we chatted while watching the two Sex and the City movies, along with the Bewitched movie.  We also had all of our favorite junk food/candy and three and half bottles of wine.  Between movies, we gave ourselves facials and painted our fingernails.  It was so much fun!  We each crashed around 1 am.

Sunday:  My dad came home from his trip and my parents and I went to the local brewery (duh!) for a late lunch.  I actually remembered to take my box of leftovers home.  I am notorious for leaving it on the table.  I helped pick up around the house and finish the laundry.  Then, Melody and I went home and while she played, I prepared for the work week.

Around 4 am, I woke up to Melody whining loudly.  She sleeps in my bed, but I could hear that she was on the floor.  Odd, because my bed is too high for her to jump off.  I turned on the light to confirm and to lift her back in bed.  I think she either fell off, or I accidentally pushed her off.  She sleeps by my feet, which isn't a good place because I move my legs a lot.  Hmm...

I also got the items for my Movie Night Swap partner and I can't wait to mail it off tomorrow!

How was your weekend?

No comments: