Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Why I've Been Busy

Yesterday, I mentioned that I haven't posted in a while because things have been really busy in my home this past week.  They have.  See, I've been searching for a new puppy.  Someone who would be small and would get along well in the apartment.  I wasn't in any rush and thought that I would find one when the time was right.

Last Monday, my mom and I drove a little over an hour to meet with a lady who had Maltipoos.  I was looking at a Maltese or a Yorkie, but thought the Maltese was the way to go.  I wasn't really into hybrid dogs all that much, but I decided to be open minded. 

When we saw the ad, there were four puppies in the photo. By the time we were able to meet, there was only one puppy (a female) left.  I really wanted a female puppy, so I decided to go meet her.  In the picture, the puppy was cute, but I wasn't head over heels for it.  I thought, "Well, if we don't click, I won't take her home."

When we met up with the lady, she got out of the car with this little fluff ball.  Oh boy, she was so cute!  So much cuter in person than in the photo.  Even the lady admitted that the photo wasn't a good one.  This little puppy was so cuddly and instantly stole my heart.  She was a little more subdued and you could tell that she liked to cuddle.  She is such a snugly little puppy. 

Well, needless to say, mom and I drove back home with a puppy on our lap.  She made the trip so well and didn't have an accident.  She only perked up when we crossed the bridge and she saw the iron works above. 

Readers of Life with Attitude, please meet the newest edition to the Attitude household...


This is Melody.  She is named after Princess Melody, which is awesome because it sticks with my Disney princess theme.  Who is Princess Melody?  Well, she is the daughter of the only Disney Princess to have had a child, Ariel.  If you read about Melody's characteristics, they fit my little puppy well. 



Melody is feisty and loves to play.  She also loves to cuddle.  She runs laps and attacks her toys with vigor.  Last Wednesday, Melody met Annie for the first time.  That was so funny!  Imagine a 20 lb dog running away from a 2 pound ball of fluff.  Quite funny.  They got along well and I think they will become good friends.


On Saturday, Melody met Mrs. P and her family.  If you remember, Mrs. P has two little boys and I wanted to introduce Melody to them as early as possible.  She didn't charge or attack.  Yay!  She actually played with the boys well and I think they will be alright.  The P family also had just brought home two kittens that day, so Melody got to meet them as well.  That was a sight to see.  She wanted to get to know that kittens, but they didn't want to get to know her too much.  They would watch her from a distance and sneak up behind her.  When she wanted to play, they would run.  There weren't any attacks or chases, so I think they will be able to get along.


Soon, we will try out the dog park, but first, we need to get this potty training business under control.  Oh, goodness.  I am really testing my patience with this.  I think that potty training is the toughest part about having a puppy.  I am starting to pick up on the signs, but it is a slow process.



I will tell you more about Melody another time, but I wanted to introduce her to the blog. 

3 comments:

AG said...

So adorable! I'm so happy for you! I'm thinking of getting a puppy too...

Lin said...

Aw, she's so cute! And I love that she's named after one of the Disney characters. The little mermaid has always been my favorite Disney movie.

Cocalores said...

What a cute dog! I hope they will get along =)