Thursday, August 30, 2012

Some Randomness Here

I decided to go through my cookbooks considering the shelf was straining under the weight of them all.  I has 27 cookbooks.  That doesn't include the 10 cake books I have.  I put in a Home Improvement DVD and while Melody was playing, I went through each one and kept only the ones I knew I would use.  Many of these I have had for years and have never used.  There were even two cookbooks that I had duplicates of.  The shelf looks so much better!  I kept 13 of the 27.

While I was in my kitchen, I decided to organize the drawers where I store my pot holders, aprons, towels, washcloths, and miscellaneous baking supplies.  This took up three whole drawers and there was no method to them at all.  Now, all of the baking supplies are organized in one drawer.  I even went through the large supply of utensils I inherited too.  All of my good towels and washcloths are in one drawer now.  No more searching through multiple drawers or using the same three towels over and over.  All of my aprons (3), pot holders, and old towels are in the bottom drawer.  Little things like this make a big difference.

Now, my kitchen is all organized and efficient.  I get to do some baking this weekend, so I will get to try it all out.

Melody will be going to the vet in the morning.  Her first visit didn't go very well and this past week hasn't been all the best.  More on that later.  Needless to say, the breeder got a very upset phone call. 

For a week now, I have been trying to have a meeting with my boss.  It hasn't happened yet and I am off tomorrow.  He leaves for a week on Saturday.  It's either today or it won't happen for a week and half.  Fingers crossed that he and I can have a sit down.

I think my neighbor has taken up playing the guitar.  Every night between 8 and 10 pm, I can hear the strumming and tuning of a guitar.  I can hear it in the bedroom and in the living room.  I think he moves it around depending on his mood.  It always stops (so far) by 10 pm, which is nice, but what is the polite way to ask him to turn down the amp just a notch or two?

I realized this morning that there are three events in September that I get to bake for.  That makes me excited and I can't wait to try some new recipes.  I started to find some in all of those cookbooks last night.  :)

I have a picture project that needs attention and it is by far, the most intimidating project I have ever taken on.  This includes the refinishing of my office furniture.  Something that I want to include with this project are the pictures from my flash drive.  In order for me to get those printed though, I need my flash drive to work.  This is not a great situation.

I finally got an MP3 player (for my birthday) and got all of my music onto it, but I still need to sort through the albums and get rid of the songs I don't like and wouldn't be upset if I never heard them again.  The only music that isn't on this thing are my Christmas albums, but doesn't bother me.  Now, I just need to get one of those fancy cables to hook it into my car stereo and I am all set.

The weather report is calling for "torrential downpours" this weekend as a result of Tropical Storm Isaac making its way into the Midwest, but I will believe it when I see it.  I bet we only get a couple of inches and all of the water will run off instead of soaking into the ground.  I do hope it helps the ponds and lakes though. 

Mizzou (my Alma mater) has joined the Southeastern Conference and the first game of the season is this weekend.  We play Southeastern Louisiana and the excitement is palpable.  I love football season and can't wait for it to get started.  The fall is my favorite time of year and I am so over this 90-100 degree temperature we have has this summer. 

Speaking of heat and humidity, I think I would be really happy in the Pacific Northwest, or even Colorado.  Hmm...

Have you seen this blog?  It's freaking hilarious and I will definitely be submitting to this with our dogs.    Dog owners would understand that sometimes, our pets need a little shaming. They will appear here for sure.  Go check it out, its so funny!  This person had a great idea.

Pinterest has become a weakness of mine.  I have a link to my boards on the left hand side, if you want to see some of them.  My personal favorite category:  Humor.  You just need your healthy dose of funny every day.

I think I have rambled enough for today.  A post like this is what you get when you have so much going through your mind and it's hard to sort through.  Thanks for reading all the way through.  I applaud you.

1 comment:

Lin said...

I'm so jealous of your awesome organization skills. My kitchen is a freakin' mess, wanna come fix it up for me? haha

I've been in the mood to bake for the last month but it's been too damn hot to even attempt to turn on the oven. Ugh, I hate the heat. I'm so ready for the cold weather to come in.