Friday, August 3, 2012

FINALLY!

I have finally finished Gone With the Wind!


First, if you recall, this was one of the three books that I had never finished.  Well, now I have finished it.  This book was 1024 pages long (the longest I have ever tackled) and I only read during lunch except for a couple of weekends thrown in there.  It took me one month to finish this thing!  Did I mention that I am not a really fast reader, either?

Overall, the story is great and I liked the book.  There are times when the chapters drag on, but it is overall an interesting read.  Especially if you like time-period stories.  This one takes place during the Civil War. 

I had watched the movie 13-14 years ago and couldn't remember a whole lot from it except that Clark Gable was a very handsome man.  When I came to the end of the book, I was shocked and surprised that I didn't remember the ending!


I am happy that I was able to finish it and that's another book off my classic reading list.  I am just really exhausted now.  I stayed up way too late last night to finish it, but I wasn't going to go to bed with less than 100 pages left. 

Have you read this book?  If not, add it to your list.

1 comment:

Lin said...

I read the book like 10 years ago & remember it took me about a month to finish. It's definitely a long ass one. The best thing about it is that it goes into much more detail, the second book's pretty good too.

Go you for reading it all!