Thursday, August 23, 2012

Book Reviews

When I created my reading list, my intentions were to read more and do some reviews here on the blog.  I definitely read more.  This list doesn't even include the classics and improvement books I want to read.  Every week, I write in my planner to start writing the book reviews.  It's kind of sad that I haven't started on them.  Some of the books I have read have been really good and I want to share them with you.  Others weren't all that great. 

This morning, I took a look at the list and realized that I have 10 reviews to do.  That doesn't include the 3 classics, so if you want me to add those in, I have 13 book reviews to write.  That's a lot.  But, then again, there are 70 books in total on my list.  Maybe I should get started.

So, I ask you readers:

What do you look for in a good book review? 
What information do you request? 
What makes the review significant to you?

Can you help me out here?  I know that these will include my personal opinions, but how much of the plot should I include?  Should it be short, sweet, and simple?  Or an informative breakdown of the whole story?  (I can almost promise you that I won't go into every single detail of the plot because that seems like a lot of work.--Just sayin')

So, let me know.  Your thoughts and opinions matter to me.

1 comment:

Lin said...

Holy crap, that's a lot of books. Can't wait to read your reviews of all the books.

Personally, I like reading reviews that share the pros & cons of the book. Dont give away anything essential in the storylline but still tell us what its about.