Monday, July 23, 2012

Weekend Recap...

Well, I didn't realize this until I started to write the post, but I didn't take any pictures this weekend.  :(  It was a great weekend though.  Why?  Because it was a birthday weekend!

Friday:  Mom and Dad took me out for a light dinner and drinks after work.  When I got home, I decided to hang out at the pool for a couple of hours and continued to read Gone with the Wind.

Saturday:  I woke up at 8 am for some reason and enjoyed coffee and breakfast and my book on the deck while a neighbor moved out.  It started to get hot, so I got dressed and ran some errands.  I got to do a little shopping for Lin's swap and got some small things for myself.  That made me happy. 

Then, Mrs. P came over and we went out to dinner at a local Mexican restaurant.  We ate way too much, but it was so good.  It was also happy hour, so her margarita was $1 and my pina coladas were $1.50.  Awesome!  After dinner, we went back to my place and watched really cheesy girly movies and chatted until 2 am!  I haven't stayed up that late in years!  It was a lot of fun

Sunday:  I slept in and my parents came over later in the day.  My dad and I finally hung my mirror in the living room and it looks so great!  I can't help but look at it.  It really brings to room together.  I hope to have the movie posters frame by the end of the month and will post pictures when that is all done.  After my parents left, I did my laundry and then spent the next 6.5 hours reading.  It has been so hot here, I decided to stay cool and inside.  I am down to the last 300 pages of this 1024 page book.  That's quite an improvement for me.

Today is my actual birthday and I have received many messages and birthday greetings.  I have also receive some great gifts and I am truly blessed with amazing people in my life. 


How was your weekend?

2 comments:

Gwen said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! Hope you have an amazing day!!!

Lin said...

I had no idea it was your birthday...Happy birthday, doll!

Glad you had a nice weekend. The hubs called to tell me I got a package delivered this morning from you. Needless to say I'm REALLY excited to get home.