Monday, July 9, 2012

Weekend Recap...

The weekend was busy, but I still didn't accomplish everything I wanted to get done.  That's alright, though.  I still had a good weekend.

Friday:  When I got home from work, I set into tackling the project of painting my kitchen.  I will do a special post for the kitchen, but I have a couple of photos for you here.  First, prepping the space:


Then, this is why I don't paint very often.  I always manage to get it all over myself.  I had it up and down both arms and hands.  I was surprised to find out that I only got a couple of small spots on my shirt.  And what you see here is just the primer, not even the paint.


Saturday:  I went to the pool in the late morning trying to beat some of the heat, but I was only able to manage an hour.  It was so hot, I just couldn't stand it, and this was at 10:30 am.  I even got in the pool a couple of times to cool off, but I finally had to leave because it was just too hot.  After cleaning up, I went to my local Goodwill store to see what I could find to refashion for myself.  If you remember, I was hugely inspired by the Refashionista, and wanted to see if I could do something myself.  I found a couple of pieces to play with, as well as three shirts for myself that don't need any work.  Exciting!  I can't wait to get started.

I did some laundry and after cooling off from the heat for a while, I went grocery shopping.  This is only the second time I have gone shopping for myself since I have moved out on my own.  I wanted to try a new recipe for icing and I found a recipe for my crock pot that I wanted to try.  It was kind of fun comparing prices and wondering the store.  Good thing I had a list.  The heatwave broke and we got about 45 minutes of rain, although that wasn't nearly enough.   I also somehow managed to paint my nails on Saturday, but the polish is bad and it is already chipped.  :(

Sunday:  I got up and started preparing my dinner since it was going to cook in the crock pot all day.  By 11 am, my apartment smelled like garlic, red pepper, and wine.  Yum!! 


While it was cooking, my parent invited me out for lunch.  We had Five Guys burgers and fries.  It was our first time trying the new place in town and I have to say, I wasn't all that impressed.  I've had better burgers and fries, even though they were delicious.  I would probably go back. 

After lunch, Isabelle and I went to the dog park.  The temperature was still in the 90s but it was still cooler than what we have had in a while, and it was windy.  Isabelle did pretty good this time.  It wasn't as busy as it was a couple of weeks ago and she was able to play and meet other dogs.  She didn't charge anyone this time and she only got protective of her toy.  But, after putting the toy away, she was able to go swimming and be around other dogs for a while.  I was proud, although, she got filthy!

When dinner was finally ready, the pork chops had gotten so tender cooking all day, that they just fell apart.  I gave Isabelle a bath and dished up dinner.  It was so good!  The recipe I made was called "San Francisco Chops" from the Taste of Home crock pot cookbook.  OMG!  Soooo good! 


Isabelle was so worn out from a day at the park that she pretty much slept the rest of the evening.  When I went to pull the covers back to get into bed, she didn't move until I got all snuggled in.  So funny.


How was your weekend?  Did you do anything exciting?

1 comment:

Gwen said...

I can't wait to see what you are doing in the kitchen. I have this strong desire to paint my cabinets but since we've been so busy I think it may be winter time before it all goes down. Maybe a weeks worth of vacation time too.

I'm so glad we are finally under the 100 degree mark. Much more of that and I might have to start searching for jobs in Cananda. I'm definitely a cold weather girl. :)

Have a great week!!!