Monday, June 25, 2012

Weekend Recap...

This weekend was supposed to be one with no plans, but Saturday ended up being really busy.  But it was still a fun weekend.

Friday:  I work on a college campus and everyday my mom (she works there too) and I take walks.  Well, our campus is so beautiful.  The landscaping crew change out all of the flower beds at least once a quarter or so.  Here is are some lillies that we see on our walks right now.

Friday night, I bough some new wine and (Little Black Dress) and spent the evening doing laundry.  Exiting I know, but then I took a nice hot bubble bath and relaxed.  It was really nice.

Saturday:  I went to the pool in the morning for a couple of hours and ended up having the pool entirely to myself while I was there.  I couldn't believe that no one else was there because it was perfect pool weather.


Then, around noon, Mrs. P came over with her son and step sister and we all went to see Brave.  I didn't really know what the movie was about, but I really enjoyed it.  It was a really cute movie and I loved the story in it.  After the movie, we went back to my place and played a couple of games of Scene It and then went to dinner at a local burger joint.  Yummy! 

Saturday evening, we went to the Relay for Life and stayed for a while.  We didn't have a site this year, but we did manage to get t-shirts and had a good time.  The Relay was really successful.  It wasn't even half way through when we left and they were already at $135,000.  That's pretty cool!

Sunday:  I really slept in.  Isabelle had to get shots on Friday, so she spent the entire weekend with Mom and Dad, so I didn't have a reason to get up early.  I finally rolled out of bed around 10:30 and didn't get dressed until about 2 pm.  It was a very relaxing morning.  I enjoyed my coffee and toast with Nutella while watching some Home Improvement. 

Later in the day, I went to Mom and Dad's for a while.  Dad ended up grilling pork chops and sweet corn on the cob while Mom and I were at the laundry mat.  I have a pappasan chair and its cushion needed to be washed in a really big machine.  This chair is my favorite chair and once belonged to my aunt.  Isabelle likes it too and pretty much claims it as her own.  She is such a diva.

While waiting at the laundry mat, we decided to use the time to clean out our purses.  I am constantly teased because my purse is heavy, but I do carry a lot of stuff that I like to have available if I need it.  This is all of the stuff from my purse:


And here is my mom's purse.



Big difference, but I don't care.  I will still carry a bigger purse and keep it as light as possible.

Well, that was my weekend, how was yours?

1 comment:

Lin said...

Damn that pool looks so refreshing, I need a friend with a pool! Glad you got some relaxing time in this weekend.

Ha, your purse looked a lot like mine currently does. I should probably clean it out :/