Monday, June 18, 2012

Weekend Recap...

This is my 600th post!



How was your weekend?  I had a good weekend, even though it was busy.  I was finally able to get some rest on Sunday evening.

Friday:  I was so exhausted because I haven't rested much since moving that I left work early and went for pedicures with my mom.  It was nice to be able to sit in the massage chair and have my feet worked on.  I feel better and my feet do too!  I also watched Bridesmaids for the first time and laughed my ass off!  I love that movie.  It's so sweet, but still so freakin' funny!   Thanks, Mom for recording that.

Friday evening, my mom and I prepared cookies and potato salad for a family reunion we had on Saturday.  I decided to make Monster Cookies.  Have you have had/made these?  They are incredible and the only recipe I know of that refers to measurements in POUNDS.  We cut the recipe in half and still only ended up using half of that dough.  The rest was frozen for later.


This dough gets so thick that you have no choice by to mix with your hands.  A spoon just won't cut it.


Saturday:  We had a family reunion and it was so great to see relatives that live 5 hours away.  I haven't seen them in so long.  We had a great time and enjoyed some delicious food (I have great cooks in my family).  My cousins and I hit up some flea markets and antique shops in town too.  I got a crystal candy dish (that I will use on my vanity) and a milk glass bowl to replace the one I broke a week ago. 

Sunday:  After the gift giving and card reading, we took my dad out for Father's Day to his favorite place.  Where else, but the local brewery that we frequent so often, they should know our names by now.  We got some nachos and they were piled high!  I'm talking at least 6 inches high of toppings on this plate.


After lunch, Isabelle and I came home and got ready for the week.  She got a bath and I put up my laundry.  I was so excited to look through a bag I had from the move to find my Season 3 of Will and Grace that I had lost.  I have been looking for this for two weeks.  I was so happy to finally find it.  I also gave myself a manicure because my hands/nails were looking really bad. 

I had fun spending time with my family this weekend.  It was really busy and I am looking forward to a weekend with absolutely no plans for a break.  What did you do for the weekend?

No comments: