Friday, June 29, 2012

Sewing in Style

On the same weekend I moved, my mom and I went to some garage sales in town and stopped at my grandma's neighbor's sale.  I wasn't expecting to find anything because it was mostly clothes.  I have been looking for a really cool sewing box with character that I could store all of my sewing supplies and extra fabric in.  Well, she had this one that was too cool to pass up. 



This thing is really vintage.  I can't date it and neither could she.  I'm thinking 60s. It's got legs!  If you know me well at all, you would know that I don't like the color red much, but this sewing box is just too neat.  Also, it's more of wine and burgandy colored, so that's alright.  The top part on the inside is a pin cushion too.


She didn't have a price on it and basically gave it to me for free!  Score!  Also, it came full of all these fantastic 80s sewing patterns.  I checked the dates on these and they range from 1980 - 1989.  They were pretty funny to look at.  I liked the simple skirt pattern though, but alas, it wasn't in my size. 


After removing all of the patterns, I filled this baby up with my supplies.  When I took this picture, I had forgotten about my fabric peices, so I went back and added those in.  It's full now and I used it for the first time last night when I made a new cover for Dad's propane tank.


 This sewing box is just so cool.  I love it!  I also found a great blog through Pinterest.  It's called ReFashionista.  Have you seen what this girl can do?  Some of her creations are amazing and she is even helping women in need.  She has also inspired me to see what I can do for myself.  Go check it out.  It's a pretty cool blog.

1 comment:

Lin said...

Wow this looks totally vintage. I like it though :)