Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Move In

WARNING!!  The photos you are about to see may be disturbing to some individuals.  These photos do not represent the renter in full honesty.  You have been warned.

When I moved it, I had a group of wonderful people helping me.  We were able to move everything into the apartment within about 3 hours (and that includes travel time of 30 minutes to pack up another load).  These people are so great and I want to say thank you! 

While we were moving in, everything was labeled as to which room they went into.  Well, once you got the big furniture in the space, there wasn't a lot of room for the boxes and totes.  There are 6 rooms total in my apartment and they were all filled to the max!

The living room part one.



The living room part two.


The bedroom.


The bathroom.


And worst of all, my office.  This room became the collect-all room while unpacking.  In order to get the space I was working on cleared enough to organize, some things had to go into the office for storage.  So, this is what I looked at for about two days.  Then, I just couldn't handle it anymore.


My best friend, Mrs. P came over later in the day on Saturday (my first night in my place) and helped motivate me to get unpacked.  I must say, I was really exhausted by the time she got there and I really appreciated her help.  We worked for a few hours and decided it was time to eat dinner.  I think we started to eat dinner at about 9 pm.  We had one of our favorites, which was finger foods and chilled in front of the TV.  We also learned that the floor in my apartment is very uncomfortable.  Note to self:  Get an inflatable mattress for guests.  


I know that there isn't too much to this post, but this blog is a way for me to document my life so that I can look back on these memories.  These pictures are awful, but I promise, better pictures are coming because I was completely unpacked in three days.  I am down to organizing a little bit and deciding on where to hand pictures.

2 comments:

AG said...

You got your own place? I am SO behind on your blog. Congratulations! That's very exciting. I can't wait to see pictures of the space once you've finished setting up! :)

Lin said...

You have an office?! That's awesome. And, now I'm jealous.

Haha, in all seriousness I'm super happy for you getting your own place. Can't wait to see photos of it when it's all organized.