Monday, May 21, 2012

Weekend Recap...

This weekend was busy but fun.  Actually, I have been really busy for the last couple of weeks.  It's been Project Central at the house and I can't wait to finish them all and show them to you.  This weekend recap will be short and sweet, but I promise that you will get to see all of the projects very soon.

Friday:  I spent the evening sanding a chair.  That's right, I got a new (old) chair from a family friend.  They were going to burn it, but I have been looking for a great chair to go with my desk, so we took it and are in the process of refinishing it.  Here is the chair before: 


Here is the chair after a fabulous paint job by my Dad:


Check out that color!  When he was painting, I swear the paint smelled like bubble gum.  This color is Frosted Berry by Valspar.  It's so pretty!

Saturday:  I went to my cousin's baby shower at a really fancy golf club.  I kept an eye out for some good looking guys, but alas, they were all on the links because the weather was fantastic this weekend.  The baby shower was so much fun and it was great seeing my cousin.  They live in Chicago and I haven't seen them in years.


She is doing the nursery in grey and yellow, so all of the decorations matched the theme.  The favors were little ducky cookie cutters.  I thought they were so cute!



I spent Saturday evening priming my desktop.  This project is almost completed and I can't wait to show you guys.  It's coming along so well and looks so great!  I'm excited.  Can you tell/

Sunday:  Another cousin is graduating from high school, so Sunday was her party.  It was great BBQ and family time.  Again, the weather was nice and we got to enjoy it outside.  I always like hanging out with my family.  I didn't get any pictures at the party though.  When Mom and I got back, my parents and I went out to the local brewery (surprise!) and had some drinks and munchies.  Once we got home, I went back to Project Central and began sanding a piece of furniture I was a little intimidated by.  It's a wood laminate cabinet that we picked up from someone who was selling it.  They wanted $25, but my Dad got it for $10 because the door fell off.  The sanding didn't take long at all, thanks to an electric sander, but the priming and painting will take a long time.  I am sure of it.


That was my weekend, how was yours?

2 comments:

Lin said...

I wish I had the attention span to refinish furniture, it looks like so much fun. Well, the end product does anyway haha.

Sucks that you didnt see any hot guys at the baby shower but at least they had yummy cupcakes to make up for it. Glad you had a fun weekend!

AG said...

I love the color of the chair!!!