Monday, May 14, 2012

Weekend Recap...

It was a very busy weekend, but it was all so good!

Friday:  I went to see Big A's 5th grade play, Hood.  It was so cute and Big A did such a great job.  I think that acting/theater may be in his future.  Some of the children were really talented.

Saturday:  After making breakfast, I ran errands that I desperately needed to accomplish.  I picked up Mom's Mother's Day gift, made a purchase for a future project, grabbed a quick lunch, bought some plant pots, and then finally came home.

I repotted a plant that I have had for 16 years and also planted the Poppy seeds I got from my favorite things swap partner.  I am so excited about the plants and I hope they grow nice and big. 




I also repotted a plant that we had gotten in a basket.  I hate plants in a basket.  They always seem to make a mess.  This poor thing was so droopy and sad.  I did my best to transfer it and it is amazing how much of a difference it made over night.


After playing in the dirt, filled the bird feeders and played with Isabelle for a while.

Then, it was time to clean the house.  I got it all cleaned up and pretty looking!

Sunday:  My mom and I had a great day together.  We went out for lunch with my grandma and then did a little bit of grocery shopping.  Sadly, the hottie at the meat counter wasn't working.  Dad decided to BBQ for Mother's Day, so while he was cooking, I began a project.  A big one.

Here is the desk I found on Craigslist last week.  It was only $40 and such a deal.


Here it is after 2 hours of sanding.  My plan is to refinish this desk.  I will tell you more about this plan very soon.


I was so exhausted yesterday, but I didn't get a chance to rest/decompress at the end of the day, so I woke up tired and have been dragging all day long.  Thankfully, I get to go home soon.

1 comment:

Lin said...

Look at you being all Martha Stewart like. I'm sure the desk is going to come out fantastic@