Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Weekend Recap...

I can't believe that it is already Wednesday and I am just getting around to posting this week.  It's been a crazy couple of days this week and it gets quiet for the rest of it, so I am taking advantage of it.  This past weekend was interesting.

Friday:  It was an evening of bird watching on the patio.  But then, it got really chilly, so we came back inside for dinner.  It was later that night that I got the bright idea to start a project.  At around 9:30 pm, I started to remove the tarnish from a plate I had.  This will get it's own post because there is a little story behind it.  But, I do want to show you what I started with.  Can you believe that it is silver?



Saturday:  Breakfast on the patio was great.  There is nothing as great as sitting on the patio in the morning with a hot cup of coffee and watching the birds.  It was really quiet this Saturday because no one was mowing, no construction was happening, and there were no cars on the road.  It was really peaceful.


After tackling some yard work, I got ready to go out with Mrs. P and her sister S to celebrate their birthdays.  There was a total of 6 of us and we had a great time at the Japanese restaurant.  I love going there because it is such an experience.  The give you so much food though and I wasn't able to finish it all.  Happy Birthday Mrs. P and S!


Saturday night was when this weekend got interesting.  My little walking barometer (Isabelle) had gone hiding under the bed for most of the night and we were woken up by quite the storm.  It was the lightening that woke me up first.  I had my window open and started to hear pink pink sounds.  I knew it was hailing and I was concerned about my car being outside.  I thought about going to pull it in, but just as soon as I stood up, the skies opened and we experienced the worst hail storm I have ever seen in my entire life.  I tried to look out the window, but it was completely white.  The pieces were anywhere from quarter to golf ball sized and it came down so hard for 45 minutes.  All of the window screens on one side of our house (including mine) were shredded.  I had hail fly across my bed.  My mom and I could barely talk to each other because it was so loud.  This started at 2:30 in the morning.  It took a long time for me to go back to sleep that night.

Sunday:  The first thing I did in the morning was access the damage done to my car.  Oh, my, gosh.  It was terrible.  I am surprised that my windshield didn't break because the damage to my car is awful.  Like over $9800 worth of damage.  I am still upset over that.  We have damage to our house as well and are trying to get that all sorted out.  I also think that the blue birds that I have watched for three years didn't survive the storm.  The babies were about ready to fly and there hasn't been any movement in or around that house since Saturday afternoon.  It's sad.




Well, that was my weekend.  How was yours?

1 comment:

Lin said...

Breakfast on the patio, yes please.

Ugh, hail is the worst. We dont get it very often in SoCal & when we do it's no where near as bad you've mentioned. Sorry about your car, that's gotta suck. Hope your insurance company will take care of that.