Thursday, April 26, 2012

What a Difference a Year Makes

It is unbelievable what a difference a year can make.  Out of curiosity one day, I decided to go back and read my posts from a year ago.  I remember that April was a very busy month last year and when I looked back, I realized that I was very unhappy.  I looked back a little farther and realized just how unhappy I was.  It's amazing.  I had myself convinced that I was happy and I liked my job, I was successful, etc.

But I really wasn't.  I know that my job now can be a little stressful in its own way.  I know that right now is a particularly stressful time, but I also know that I am happy.  I am able to enjoy my time because I have more of it.  I am able to spend time with my family and friends and capture those moments and place them here to save them.  I stand straighter and I smile more. 

There is something big approaching for me, (but I can't post about it yet) and I am excited.  I no longer have to remind myself of all of the good things in my life because they make themselves known and I don't have to search for them. 

It's unbelievable what a difference a year can make.

2 comments:

Charcoal Renderings said...

A year definitely makes a difference.

It's weird to think that exactly a year ago, I was feeling discouraged about theatre jobs and worrying about if I was good enough for graduate school.

Now here I am, grad school bound, and ready for the awesome that comes with it. Wahoo!

Lin said...

I'm so happy for you! A year sometimes does make a difference & I'm glad yours went from good to better. You really deserve it.

Cant wait to hear your good news!