Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Weekend Recap...

I hope everyone had a good weekend and a Happy Easter! This past weekend was a good one for me. We were considering a trip to Kentucky, but we decided to not spend 12 hours in the car for a 48 hour visit.






Friday: After work, my parents and I met up at the local brewery for dinner. It was delicious! I had a burger with pepper jack cheese. Their fries there are so good! Nice and crispy. After dinner, I went to Grandma's house for a visit. I love chatting with Grandma. She and I can talk for such a long time about anything. I also received an Easter basket from her. Jelly Belly jelly beans, Cadbury eggs, and my favorite, Werther's Originals! Thanks Grandma!



Saturday: I spent the morning like this after eating french toast for breakfast:








It was a little dreary of a day, so after our morning coffee and tea, Mom and I went to a few flea markets. I am searching for a desk that I can refinish, but sadly, haven't found one yet. This was the first time we have gone to flea markets and haven't come home with something.



We got back just in time for dinner. Dad smoked some ribs. They were delicious and just fell off the bone because they were so tender. My dad really is a grill master.





After dinner, I decided it was time to mellow out and Isabelle and I spent the rest of the evening watching cheesy movies (I must admit though, I like them) and eating delicious jelly beans. Well, I ate the jelly beans, Isabelle chewed on her squeaky toy and just about drove me nuts with it. :)





Sunday: This was the first time we haven't done a big dinner, so the parents and I spent the morning/afternoon doing some household chores and taking care of a few things. I have great parents by the way! I received a new camera for Easter and some more yummy treats. Then, after I helped Dad out with some things, he washed my car for me. It was pretty bad. I think the last time I actually washed it was last summer. It still needs to be detailed though because you can see fingerprints on the hatch door, but anything is better than before.


After a long day of chores, I spent the rest of the afternoon/evening trying to finish The Scarlet Letter. I will never read this book again. It was very difficult to read, would get good in some places and then get very boring. It was all I could do just to finish it. There have only been 3 books in my lifetime that I have not finished and I was about to add one more to that, but I finally finished it.



I also had a birthday cake to make Sunday night. It was a Harry Potter cake. This is the first time I have used this pan and it didn't turn out too bad. I am definitely out of practice though. I plan now to make at least one specialty cake each month.



My favorite part of making the cake...making the icing!







What did you do this weekend?

1 comment:

Lin said...

So jealous of your Easter basket cause I didnt get one :(

I read The Scarlet Letter once & gotta say I would never do it again because it was definitely boring. Any chance your dad wants to visit SoCal & make me some ribs? Yum!

That cake came out great, love the little lightning bolt haha.