Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Weekend Recap...With Photos!

Hi!








I know, it's Wednesday but I still want to do this weekend recap. I decided to start taking more photos on the weekends and including them with my recaps. The problem is, my phone takes better photos than my camera, and I had to learn how to get them from my phone to my computer. It took a while because I will admit that I am not that tech savvy.



Friday: I spent Friday night making a cake for a surprise 93rd (!) birthday party the next day. This is the first cake that I have written in cursive for in a very long time. My handwriting isn't all that great and I need more practice, but it's getting better.





Saturday: I spent some time outside while we waited for the birthday girl and it was obvious that spring had sprung. I saw some pretty trees and had to snap a few photos even though it was cloudy.

We were at the park and had so much fun at the party. The cake was a big hit and I am so blessed and thankful that I come from a family of great cooks. (on both sides!) Yummy food...





Sunday: The morning was spent on the patio with coffee and the birds. It is so peaceful and pleasant. I wasn't expecting to move furniture over the weekend, but I did. We rearranged the dining and family rooms. Basically, they got switched. It was a lot of hard work because we had to move a china hutch, but first take out every single dish we had in there. Then, they all had to be washed, along with the glass shelves. It looks so nice now, and I forgot to take photos! That's okay because I will take photos later when we have everything completely moved and situated. That may take a while. The china hutch used to cover half of a double window and the dining room table took up almost all of the walk space. Well, the window is all open now and there is plenty of room to walk.


After moving furniture, my parents went out for a late lunch while I spent the rest of the day sewing. I had to make a new cover for the propane tank because the one I made last May got so overheated in the extreme weather we had that the fabric split.


This one should last a while.







Then, I noticed that I had some left over fabric from when I made dog pillows a long time ago, so I decided to make some dog toys. I had saved the squeakers from an old toy that got destroyed and used them in the toy. I also made one for my cousin's new Puggle. They aren't really all that fantastic, but Isabelle really loves them and likes to squeak the squeaker. Annie hasn't played too much with them though.





Well, that was my weekend. What did you do?

2 comments:

Lin said...

My weekends never seem as eventful after I read yours haha. You did such a great job on the cake & your writing is actually quiet good. Better than most I've seen at some places anyway :)

Gwen said...

Awe! Love the doggy photo and the cake...send me a slice. Homemade cakes are the best!!! Hope you have a fabulous weekend!!!