Monday, March 12, 2012

Weekend Recap...

It was a good weekend. I have noticed that I have had quite a few of those lately. Could I be getting my hopes up that this will last? It's amazing and I am really enjoying it.

Thursday: I met up with an old high school buddy for drinks and dinner. It was pretty cool to catch up. We haven't really spoken a lot since our five year reunion, so it was fun. She even asked if she could set me up with one of her husband's single friends. Well, sure!

Friday: There was a very casual, easy going group date at high school buddy's house. They cooked dinner and we sat outside and enjoyed the wonderful weather with a little fire in the fire pit. I met said friend and he is pretty cool. Seems to be a very fun loving guy, so we shall see what happens. I had a great time hanging out with everyone though.

Saturday: It was cleaning in the morning and pedicures in the afternoon. That's a good way to spend a day, right? The weather was gorgeous and everyone was out and about. The house got all cleaned up and my mom and I got pedicures. Very relaxing. Anyone else love pedicures?

Sunday: Everyone in my family slept in a little bit. We changed are clocks on Saturday night for Daylight Savings Time and I hate to do that. I love that we get more daylight, but I hate changing the clocks. I would love to not have to do that twice a year. Can we all petition to change this? Then, in the afternoon, my parents and I went out to lunch. Our university won the Big 12 Championship, so everyone was at the restaurant trying to find out the placement of the brackets. After lunch, I gave the dogs a bath and went over to Mrs. P's house. It had been a very long time since we hung out together and we had fun playing Yahtzee and watching Les Miserables (one of our favorites). I told her about my reading list and she had almost half of the classics I want to read, so I left her house with 10 books to read. It's a good thing too, because I am almost finished with my current book.

2 comments:

Lin said...

So glad you had a fun time with your high school pal. Best of all, you got a date out of it, go you! Hopefully it'll turn into something more but if anything, you have a new friend :)

I've been reading a lot lately too. I'm actually tempted to turn on the Nook at work & hide it under some papers lol.

Gwen said...

I agree. Time change sucks. Lets leave it like this forever! No reason to change now. LOL!!

Um....I can't wait to hear about this possible date!!!