Monday, February 13, 2012

Weekend Recap...

Happy Monday everyone!

This past weekend was a good one the end of last week was welcomed with open arms. Last week wasn't all that great, which kind of explains my absence.

Friday: Mrs. P's youngest sister moved back to town and she and her boyfriend decided to buy our old dining room table along with our old sofa and love seat. These couches were heavy, and awkward. Our house is situated on a hill and we had to carry these heavy things outside and up the hill because they wouldn't fit up the stairs. Did I mention that it was about 18 degrees that night? That is not an exaggeration. It was so cold, but we got the furniture loaded and them helped them take it into their house that night.

Saturday: I woke up to sore biceps. I haven't lifted anything that heavy in a long time. It was tax day as well. While Mom was gone getting the taxes done, I rearranged the furniture in the basement and then cleaned the house. By noon, I was all done with everything and was completely exhausted. I spent the rest of the day reading my book and snuggling with Isabelle and Annie. I was pretty lazy for the rest of the day and I managed to finish my book. I haven't read a book that fast in a long time!

Sunday: Sunday morning, I helped my dad with moving the camper up to the garage (which took longer than I had expected). The blocks we used for the tires were frozen to the ground, but we managed to get them up. After moving the camper, I went down to my storage area (i.e. all of my stuff for when I move out) and got it all straightened up. It was a disaster after moving the old dining table out. I spent about a hour or so cleaning and organizing that stuff and I really was completely exhausted afterwards. My muscles were still sore and I am done moving furniture for a while.

Mrs. P came over in the afternoon we had some much needed girl time. We chatted for a couple of hours, then broke out the snacks and enjoyed a good comedy movie. We haven't had a lot of time with just the two of us lately and we both enjoyed ourselves. It was so nice to get and talk with her after my hellish week last week.

How was your weekend? Did you do anything fun or exciting? Or did you have a very relaxing weekend?

1 comment:

Lin said...

I recently got into a book myself & honestly I havent been able to put it down. Well...except for the times my husband takes my Nook to work, haha.

We spent the weekend at my MIL's in Palm Springs, it was so relaxing :) Glad you had a fun weekend sweets.