Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Weekend Recap...

Happy Tuesday everyone! I hope everyone had a good weekend and started off the work week well.

Friday: Very typical Friday evening. I really can't remember too much of what I did. I know that I played with my dog and played some Words with Friends. That may be about it. I got an order in that day for a drawer for a lower cabinet in the kitchen and it's so wonderful! I organized that cabinet and the drawer above and it looks great! The drawer works very well and is the perfect fit. The kitchen is actually in the best shapes it's been in a very long time.

Saturday: My mom and I got up early to go to an indoor garage sale benefiting our local food bank. It was a fun experience, but it was also the mother load for all things baby and toddler related! Since I wasn't looking for kids things, I only walked out with two items. One is a really cool milk glass bowl that I got for $2 and the other is a 20-30 pound leaded mirror that I picked up for only $10. A mirror that size and quality would cost close to $100 new.

After the sale, Mom and I met my dad for some drinks and munchies and ran into some friends while we were at the restaurant. It was a fun time hanging out and chatting. Then, Mom and I hit up a few flea markets and I found a cute little owl statue for $4. It was a pretty successful day because I got two projects that I will share with you another day.

Sunday: After a few chores in the morning, including giving the dogs a bath (and boy did they need one!), we all settled in to watch the Super Bowl. My dad went to a buddy's house and my mom and I hung out at the house. We had some yummy chili and snacks and the dogs napped. I thought the game was good and I loved how it came down to the very last play. The halftime performance was pretty good, but I think it would have been better if Madonna would have just sang and danced a little instead of doing a bunch of stunts. She looked a little awkward doing that. My favorite commercials were the Chevy apocalypse and the naked M&Ms. What about you? Do you like the super bowl, the commercials, the event as a whole?

I did manage to get the two drawers in the bathroom organized as well over the weekend. I think that project took only 15 minutes though. But, it's done and looks so much better. I still have a couple of drawers in the kitchen to hit, but those are a slow process. There is a lot to go through.

Enjoy your Tuesday!

2 comments:

Gwen said...

I can't wait to see the leaded mirror. I was looking for one not too long ago but then gave up. Glad you had a great weekend!

Lin said...

Your weekends always sound so relaxing. It's like I think back & go 'why couldnt mine be that cool?' haha.

I watch the half time show on youtube & have to say I totally agree with you. Madonna looked really awkward but at least she sounded good.