Friday, February 17, 2012

Some Random Thoughts

I can't believe I haven't blogged all week! That's crazy to me. I know that I have had things in my head to share with you, but I haven't put it down yet.

I keep forgetting to upload my pictures from the mirror and owl project that took place last week. I need to get that up. I can't wait for you all to see this fabulous find I got.

I got to visit with my Grandma on Valentine's Day and it was great. Even though we only had about 45 minutes, it was still a fun visit. She had to cut it short because of a card game she was going to. I just hope that when I am 73 years old, I have a busy social life just like her. I think it's her secret to staying so young.

Tomorrow morning, I am getting my hair done and I am so excited! I can't wait for my hair to grow some more. It's at that "in-between" stage right now where it just sits on my neck and shoulders and drives me crazy. I want it long again.

Something funny happened yesterday, I was invited to two different happy hours after work tonight. What makes this even funnier is that they are both at the same place and only 30 minutes apart. HaHa! I had to laugh because I don't get invited to things that often and here are two outings at the same place on the same day. It just makes me laugh, and happy.

I have been on an organizing frenzy this week in my office. I am archiving old documents as well as making them all digital. It's a big undertaking, but I feel good going through things. I also get to learn more information about what we offer. It's also opening a whole drawer in my filing cabinet to use for something else. And, who doesn't get excited about the feeling of accomplishment after you finish a big project?

I can't wait for my tax refund to come in so that I can buy a new purse. I have been eyeing this fabulous bag and I can't wait to get it. It's in my favorite color, can be a cross body if I want it to be, has two smaller handles, is a completely different shape than what I have been carrying, and it's so cute!

Words with Friends is a really fun game and I currently have 4 going on. Although, I am only ahead on one of them, but it's still fun.

When I finished reading my book last Saturday, I was completely blown away that I finished it in three days. That hasn't happened in a very long time. It was a good book and I couldn't put it down. I have started another one by the same author and I haven't gotten too far into it yet, but it's good so far. I think I am going to do some book reviews soon. I was going through my books last night and realized that I have a few that I want to talk about.

By the way, have you ever ordered from the Barnes and Noble Marketplace? It's incredible and I am in love. There are a lot of books on my reading list that are either out of print, or unavailable and the marketplace allows me access to them. Also, they are as cheap as $.99. The most I have paid for a book from there is $1.99. And that's a new copy, not some used book that is falling apart or such. You do have to pay $3.99 per book for shipping, but hey, $5 for a book is a lot better than $15. Especially if you find that you don't really like the book all that much. You've got to check it out!

I have a to-do list that I getting bigger by the day and I need to remember to get these things done. I have had a tendency these past couple of weeks to forget things and I don't like that. Especially when the list is right in front of me. Got to get it together.

I think that is all for right now. Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

Lin said...

Look at you getting invited to two different happy hours, Ms. Thing! I hope you went & had a blast.

I'm glad you're having fun playing Words With Friends, I love the game. I'm losing 3 of my 8 games, haha.